Mission & Vision
WHO IS SPRINGWOOD HOSPITALITY?
- We’re a Hilton- and Marriott-branded select-service and extended-stay hotel developer and manager, operating within 200 miles of our York, Pennsylvania, headquarters.
- Healthy investor returns and regular cash distributions drive our financial decisions.
- Unparalleled guest satisfaction drives our local decisions.
- Accredited investors invest in our hotels for cash returns and diversification.
- Community banks provide moderate mortgage leverage to fund our hotels.
- We develop hotels in high-barrier-to-entry markets.
- We also provide third-party management services for hotel owners.
- We win national awards because we are driven to excellence and people notice our results.
THE SPRINGWOOD ESSENTIALS:
- Do what is fair and right, always. These behaviors are the cornerstones of our success.
- Diligently pursue excellence. We practice habits that create excellence in everything we do.
- Take ownership of your actions and their outcomes. This is the basis for us working as a team.
- Proactively create growth and value. This mindset empowers us to outperform the competition.
- Challenge the status quo. We continually improve what we do and how we do it.
WHAT IS SPRINGWOOD’S HISTORY?
Springwood Real Estate Services was founded in 1996 by its principal David H. Hogg. It developed and managed retail and multifamily properties, and it dabbled in hotels with help from outside consultants. Springwood Hospitality opened in 2007, and Justin Shelton joined the firm as President in 2009. By 2013 Springwood affiliates managed more than 1.25 million square feet of hotel, commercial, and residential property, including 548 guest rooms and nearly 700 residential units.
In 2015 Springwood began divesting itself of all of its non-hotel business units. This transition was completed in 2016, and hospitality is now our ONLY business. Today Springwood manages more than ¾ million square feet of Hilton and Marriott branded hotels with roughly 1,200 guest rooms. We focus exclusively on developing and managing Hilton and Marriott branded hotels to make money for our investors, and we do this with excellence, speed and integrity.
Springwood and its affiliates have profitably developed more than 25 projects worth roughly $250 million in central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. They have helped high-net-worth entities and individuals invest approximately $75 million of private capital in these real estate ventures. To date EVERY investor has enjoyed a positive return in EVERY Springwood project.