Springwood is a young company with a seasoned team of hospitality professionals. This powerful combination has brought Springwood and its team international awards unprecedented for a small firm with only nine hotels under management. Some of the recent awards include:
- Hilton Multi-Brand Developer of the Year (Fiscal Year 2016-2017) Hilton awards this prestigious honor only once each year. Springwood received this award for its opening of the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton York South and the Homewood Suites Frederick. Recipients are awarded based on criteria such as ethical standards, total number and quality of hotels developed, quality of working relationship with Hilton, fastest construction time, and impact on the local community.
- 2017, 2014 & 2012 Connie Pride Award of Merit: Home2 Suites by Hilton® York (2017) and Homewood Suites by Hilton® York (2014 and 2012) This award recognizes a hotel that excels on key components, including quality assurance audits measuring cleanliness, condition, and brand standards as well as customer scores rating staff service and the quality of the hotel’s physical accommodations.
- 2016 & 2015 Hilton Lighthouse Award Won by the Hampton Inn & Suites York South, this award goes only to those Hamptons that perform in the top 5% of Hampton Inns worldwide in carefully-selected guest-satisfaction criteria.
- 2016 & 2011 Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies, The Central Penn Business Journal Awarded to Springwood Hospitality, this program identifies the region’s most dynamic companies that have made significant contributions to the strength of our local economy.
- 2013 Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® New Hotel Opening of the Year Marriott International offers only one such award each year. Springwood received this award for its opening of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® Hershey Chocolate Avenue in April 2013. Marriott voted our opening the best and smoothest out of the approximately 30 Fairfield hotels that opened around the world that year. Our entire punch list contained no items to be corrected post opening, so our staff could operate the hotel the very first day with no construction related distractions. The wisdom of this approach speaks for itself, as this has been the most profitable opening in Springwood’s history. The specific criteria considered for this award are:
- Staff training thoroughness and effectiveness
- Leadership quality
- Sales and marketing effectiveness
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Exceptional construction readiness
- 2014 Gold Hotel Award, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® Springwood’s Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® Hershey Chocolate Avenue received this award for ranking in the top 10% of their brand for the year based on overall Guest Service Scores – Overall Satisfaction.
- 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, & 2013 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence These prestigious awards placed every Springwood hotel open for at least one year in the top-performing 10% of all businesses worldwide on TripAdvisor.com. It is based solely on high, unsolicited ratings about our hotels from Trip Advisor travelers.
- 2016 TripAdvisor Travelers Choice Award – Family Category Won by the Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near the Park, this award goes only to the top 25 family-friendly hotels in the United States. This award is based upon ratings by TripAdvisor.com reviewers who have stayed overnight at the hotel.
2015 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame Won by Homewood Suites by Hilton® York, this unique accolade is granted only to those businesses that have won the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for five years in a row.
- 2013 General Manager of the Year, Award of Merit, Homewood Suites by Hilton® Awarded to Homewood Suites by Hilton® York.
- 2012 Director of Sales of the Year Award, Award of Merit, Homewood Suites by Hilton® Awarded to Homewood Suites by Hilton® York.